Listed below are the contents of this Policy:
- Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Information We Share
- Privacy Options for CVs
- Edit Your Personal/Account Information
- International Data Laws
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Tips In Dealing With Prospective Employers
- How to contact Us
Information We Collect
We obtain information about you from various sources, such as our website, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in any events or promotions we may hold.
The types of information we may obtain include:
- Any Personal Information if you choose to provide it or if we obtain it in the manner described above. You do not have register or give any Personal Information in order to perform job searches or to browse the general contents of our Website.
- Username and password for the account if you wish to register on our Website.
- We do not collect or store any credit card information on our servers.
- Your demographic information (such as area code, occupation, education and experience, and if you choose to provide it, age, gender and race or ethnicity). We collect this information either through the registration process, from your CV or in the manner described above.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
Additionally, when you visit our Website, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies or third party analytical tools, as described in more detail below. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type).
- Pages and URLs that refer visitors to our Sites, also pages and URLs that visitors exit to once they leave our Sites.
- Dates and times of visits to our Sites.
- Information on actions taken on our Sites (such as page views, site navigation patterns and job view or application activity).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our Sites.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our Sites.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register and maintain your account on the Website.
- Provide services you request.
- Inform you of relevant job postings that may be of interest to you.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted towards your interests (such as relevant services, educational or other career development opportunities); enable you to communicate with us through social networks and other interactive media; and solicit your feedback. These communications will contain links for preference management and, if appropriate, unsubscribe links should you decide you do not want to be contacted for such matters in the future.
- Manage your participation in our events and promotions if you have signed up for such events or promotions.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the services we offer.
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors use of our Website, social media assets, and the jobs viewed or applied through these means.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Enforce our Website’s Terms and Conditions.
- Comply with any applicable legal requirements.
- We also use non-personally identifiable information and certain technical information about your computer and your access of the Sites (including your internet protocol address) in order to operate, maintain and manage our Website. We collect this information by automated means, such as cookies, as described in more detail below.
- If we seek to use the information we obtain about you in other ways, we will provide specific notice and request your consent at the time of collection.
Information We Share
Additionally, we may combine certain non-personally identifiable aggregate data about our users and use such anonymous aggregate data to prepare reports for our users (typically employers or educators). "Aggregate Data" is the demographic information and employment information of many individuals that is combined together. Aggregate data is used for analysis purposes and does not identify any specific individuals.
Other than instances where users opt to publicly post their Personal Information to our CV database, provide it via a job application, include it in a job posting or otherwise provide permission to share it, we do not sell our users' Personal Information to anyone for any reason. When posting jobs and CVs, our users decide for themselves what contact information they wish to display. All users should be aware that when they choose to display or distribute Personal Information (such as their email address or other contact information on a public CV), that information can be collected and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages, for which Alkhatwa is not responsible, from third parties.
We also may share Personal Information with our service providers who may help us in providing certain services to you. These service providers may only use or disclose the information as necessary to perform services on our behalf or as otherwise required by law.
Alkhatwa also may disclose specific user information when we conclude, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with Saudi Arabian law, to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement, to prevent a crime or protect national security, or to protect the interests or safety of Alkhatwa or other users of the Website.
In addition, Personal Information we have collected may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets.
Privacy Options for CVs
We try to limit access to our searchable CV database to verified users such as paying employers, recruiters, hiring managers and human resource professionals. That said, we cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to this database. We cannot control the use of CVs by third parties who access such CVs while they are in our searchable database. You may remove your CV from our searchable database at any time. However, employers, recruiters and others who have paid for access to that database may have retained a copy of your CV in their own files or databases. We cannot control the retention, use or privacy of CVs or profiles that have been downloaded by third parties. In the light of this, you should not put information you would not want made public in your CV.
A "cookie" is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser.
Edit Your Personal/Account Information
You may access, update and edit your Personal Information included in your online account at any time by logging into your account and making the changes. You may also delete your CV from our CV database at any time by logging in to your account and deleting your account. Deleting your account will remove your information from our CV database. It is important to note that you will not be able to delete data held by third parties, such as prospective employers, that have already accessed and downloaded your information or CV.
International Data laws
When we obtain Personal Information about you, we may process and store the information outside of the country in which you are located, including Saudi Arabia. Further, users who access your information, such as potential employers, may also be located in a different country than you and different laws may apply to their use of your information.
Alkhatwa complies with the laws present in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Alkhatwa is in compliance with the guidelines set by the Ministry of Labor and the Ministry of Commerce.
How We Protect Personal Information
Alkhatwa has implemented safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the Personal Information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
No electronic transmission of information can be completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have deployed to protect your Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will forever be sufficient or effective. Although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain private. As a user of the Website, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the Website, the internet generally, and the documents you post or access and for your conduct on and off the Website.
For additional security, you should safeguard your Alkhatwa account user name and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser when you have finished your visit to our Website. Note that we will never ask for your Alkhatwa account user name or password via email.
Tips (for Job seekers) In Dealing with Prospective Employers
- Use your own careful judgment about whether and what information to provide prospective employers
- DO NOT PUT SENSITIVE INFORMATION SUCH AS BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS ON YOUR CV.
- Alkhatwa is open to the public, we cannot guarantee that all users of our services have a legitimate need to the information they seek.
- Do not provide your Iqama number, national identification number or any other International identification number to a prospective employer via online application. Identity thieves may attempt to trick you into providing sensitive information. Do not provide any non-work related personal information (i.e., your passport number, driver’s license or any other identification number, eye color, etc.) over the phone or online.
- Job seekers should never provide credit card or bank numbers or engage in a monetary transaction of any sort.
How to Contact Us